18 May 2010

Financial Certainty

I don’t know if it’s because I’d been teed up for success with my brilliance goggles, but I had a sense of continued improvement regarding my financial fluency over the course of this session.  By no means are my interpretive skills on a par with the MBA set of On Purpose Associates, yet, but it was a reassuring revelation that the basics of financial statements are ones you can learn quickly.  No doubt this was predominantly induced by Jonathan Shellard’s  enabling-, financial-literacy-for-all- approach.

Bolstered by the security blanket of uniform reporting requirements, the confidence trick one has to perform to manoeuvre between the: Cash Flow; Balance Sheet; Profit and Loss, Income statement, and; Notes, will no longer be the preserve of the financially-versed few.  
Instead, I feel confident it will become another handy lens through which to critique organisational health, with Candice's chant 'Cash is King' ringing in my ear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Purpose thoughts....